Workday Wardrobe: Number 1

7:20 PM

Hello Everybody!!

Has anyone else felt spring in the air this week? I definitely have and I'm loving it! As fun and wonderful as the changing seasons can be, dressing for these changes can be difficult some days. Here is quick guide for a great go-to outfit recipe that has equal parts spring and winter (and is still work approriate!).

First,
I started with a lace A-line dress. This dress was perfect because the lace is floral and spring-y but the black lining darkens the looks. This dress is great because it interesting enough to wear on its own but still simple enough to layer and create many different looks. This brings us to step number two...


(dress from target)

Next, to make this outfit more business casual, we can add a jacket. Here I chose a pink, tweed motorcycle jacket. The pink really brings spring into the outfit while the texture of the fabrics brings back a warmer look. The motorcycle jacket is a more on the casual side of business casual, so if you need to look a little more professional you could wear a more traditional blazer in a fun, bright color. Now that we have the base of the outfit together we can have a little fun accessorizing!

(jacket from H&M)

The final step is to add shoes and other accessories to really complete the outfit. I chose these peep toe booties (which are super comfortable!). I love booties like these because I can show off my toe painting skills while keeping my feet warm! Next I added some simple hoop earrings and a belt to accent my waist. If it's still a little chilly outside you could add some black tights to keep your legs warm. There are some many other ways you can accessorize this outfit! Bracelets and necklaces are great and you could also use a different style of shoes (especially if you need to look more professional). Before we know it Summer will be here in full swing and tights and dark looks will be a distant memory! 

(shoes from Kohl's, Tights from target, Belt - Thrifted, Earrings from Loft Outlet)


You Might Also Like

0 comments