A Fresh Start

4:39 PM


If any of you follow me on instagram, you probably saw my post last week about my plan to change directions with this blog [the first image here might look familiar ; ) ]. But, if you don't, after spending a couple weeks blogging I realized that they direction I was going (fashion and lifestyle) just wasn't who I am. Don't get me wrong I love fashion and style and cooking a perfect dinner, but it just wasn't what I was most passionate about and it wasn't where my creative side resides.

What I am truly passionate about, and haven't had an opportunity to indulge lately, is sewing. I have been a sewist throughout many different seasons of my life. My mom taught me to sew at about four and five and I picked it back up in high school after taking a Home Economic class (or whatever politically correct name they use today, it was called family and consumer science when I was a teenager). I had continued to sew into college but took a break with my hectic schedule and stressful time period in life.

(a few pictures of projects circa 2009-2011)

Despite my little sabbatical, I still very much love to sew and want to revive this hobby and share my journeys here with you on this blog! I have so many projects I want take on and skills and techniques I want to learn a share. I'll just list a few for you here :)

  • Making my way through the Colette Sewing Handbook
  • Learning to properly fit patterns for crisp and presice garments
  • Pattern drafting, I would love to be able to design my own clothes!
  • Couture sewing techniques so that my garments are top notch quality
Of course there's so much to learn (a sewists learning never truly ends). Hopefully you will follow along, gain some inspiration, and share your own tips and tricks!

I've got two simple and quick projects to share with you this week so be sure to check back and see what I'm up to! Here's to all you sewista and sewistas-to-be!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fashion and lifestyle is generally the first stop for many people start blogging but its lovely that you now focus on sewing. there are so many amazing people and the community is the best.

    ReplyDelete